Dare to Hope
2021 Giving Campaign
Young adulthood is such a critical and formative time of life. It can be challenging to find a welcoming community that supports you as you change and grow, honors your questions, and cares for your spiritual and emotional well-being.
Whether in college, graduate school, or working, young adults deserve a place where they can experience God’s unconditional love. They need trustworthy relationships, so that they might share God’s gift of life together, practice discipleship, and serve their neighbors in Jesus’ name. Every student should have a safe, grace-filled community to accompany them during such a critical stage of life.
As you consider how Duke Lutherans has touched your life or the lives of ones you love, you know how a few short years can set the course for a life of faith, love, and service to others. We thank you for your previous support and hope you will consider a gift before 2022. Your generous support ensures that Duke Lutherans students:
- develop life-giving relationships with their siblings in Christ, campus pastor, and members of our partner congregations;
- deepen in faith and grow in their understanding of God through worship, prayer, Bible study, and honest dialogue with their peers;
- embrace their identities as beloved children of a faithful God who is with them always;
- identify their God-given gifts for leadership and ministry;
- live as instruments of peace, justice, and reconciliation.
For over 80 years, Duke Lutherans has walked with students and young adults through the joys and challenges of campus life and young adulthood. We have rooted them in our rich Lutheran Christian tradition and nurtured them to become lifelong followers of Christ.
But we can’t do this work without you! The ministry of Duke Lutherans depends entirely upon the charitable gifts of individuals and organizations, and does not receive funding from Duke University.
That is why we have launched the Dare to Hope Matching Campaign, from Romans 5:5, "Hope does not disappoint us because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us".
Thanks to the support from a generous anonymous donor, we have $40,000 in support that we are challenging you to help us match. Between now and December 31st, a generous matching gift donor will double any increase in one-time gifts over your previous gift and all new recurring monthly gifts.
We invite you to:
- Consider the impact the Duke Lutherans has had on your life or the lives of others
- Consider the amount you could give, either now or each month
- Go online www.gifts.duke.edu to make a one-time gift or set up a recurring gift
Please consider making a gift to the Dare to Hope Campaign before the end of the year.
For more information, or for instructions for making gifts of stock or gifts from your IRA, please contact Pastor Amanda Highben (firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-418-4192) or Duke Lutherans Committee Chair Phil Hart (email@example.com, 817-692-9487).